Department of Social Services
Family Services Specialist I/II
Position Number: 00017
Job Open Date: 12-01-2017
Job Close Date: 12-15-2017
Hiring Range: $29,930- $40,000 (Based on experience)
Self Sufficiency Specialist I/II- Benefit Programs & VIEW
Position Number: 00007
Job Open Date: 12-08-2017
Job Close Date: 12-22-2017
Hiring Range: $29,930 - 31,196 (Commensurate with experience)
To find and apply for positions and for a complete job description, and application instructions visit the following: www.dss.virginia.gov.
Select Careers, Local Agency and Search by "Agency "and select "Dept of Social Services - Local (765-01)"
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply: Applications for this position must be submitted electronically through this website. Mailed, email, fax or hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
Commissioner of the Revenue - Deputy 1 Position
The Lancaster County Commissioner of the Revenue is seeking a qualified individual for a Deputy 1 position. Duties will include: filing and keying in information from personal property forms; processing income tax returns; preparing monthly reports; assisting Deputy III with building permits and deed transfers; and assisting citizens.
The successful candidate must: be a high school graduate; have above average computer skills, including Word and Excel programs; must have good verbal and written communication skills; must be able to effectively handle confidential information and interact with citizens. Experience in the Clerk of the Circuit Court’s Office researching deeds, wills and plats desirable.
Salary dependent upon qualifications. Benefits provided.
Applications are available below (PDF format) or may be obtained at the Commissioner’s Office located at 8311 Mary Ball Road, Room 203, Lancaster, Virginia 22503. A completed application with a current resume’ attached should be sent to Marlon S. Savoy, Commissioner of the Revenue, at the aforementioned address.
This position is open until filled. First review of applications will be on December 7, 2017. EOE.
Emergency Medical Technicians, Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
Lancaster County Emergency Services is accepting applications for full-time and part-time Emergency Medical Technicians, Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics (Intermediate providers may be considered). Applications are available at the County Administration Offices and may be picked up in person, during normal business hours at 8311 Mary Ball Road, Lancaster, Virginia or requests for application packages to be mailed can be made by emailing email@example.com. Completed applications may be hand delivered or mailed to:
Lancaster County Emergency Services
8311 Mary Ball Road
Lancaster, VA 22503
All applications must be received no later than 4:00 PM on December 29, 2017.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Eligibility for EMS certification in Virginia as evidenced by FBI background check and verified by the Virginia Office of EMS.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Current EMT (or higher) certification in the Commonwealth of Virginia, or able to obtain Virginia Certification prior to first day of employment.
- Pass a physical examination certifying the ability to perform the work of an Emergency Medical Technician (see position description and physical evaluation form).
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification, or equivalent. BLS (EMT/AEMT) providers must have PHTLS or ITLS and PEPP within one year of hire. ALS Providers must have American Heart Association ACLS certification, PHTLS or ITLS certification, PEPP or PALS certification, obtain within one year of hire.
- Completion of IS-100, IS-200, IS-700 and IS-800 training.
- A valid drivers license and clean driving record (must have points balance of 2 or greater).
- Current Emergency Vehicle Operators Course certification approved by the Virginia Office of EMS (see approved list)
- Must be able to perform duties when functioning as part of a two-person crew, with minimum oversight.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, other healthcare personnel and members of the public.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts, and at least 48 hours per month.